Psychotherapy and Couples Counselling in Norwich, Norfolk
- 'I felt a bit silly looking for someone to go and talk to every week about myself. But actually now I'm really glad I did. I don't feel hopeless like I used to. The problems I just couldn't cope with have started to feel more manageable. And I just feel more comfortable in myself and more confident.'
Is life getting on top of you?
Could you benefit from a place to explore your thoughts and feelings?
Is your relationship in trouble?
Do you want to move forward but don't know how?
Might psychotherapy or counselling be helpful?
My name is Jane Polden and I have been working as a psychotherapist in private practice in Norwich for the past twenty years.
I offer psychotherapy and couples therapy (couples counselling) in a safe and confidential environment. I can work with you on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period, with the aim of empowering you and helping you to live your life more fully.
I am based in Norwich, Norfolk, and within easy reach of Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth, Wymondham, Diss and North Norfolk.
I am sorry that I do not have any spaces at the moment.
If you would like to go on my waiting lit, please email me giving me an idea of your availability
Psychotherapy and counselling involve talking to someone who is trained to help you make sense of and start to change whatever is troubling you.
The therapy relationship aims to help you understand and resolve your problems through becoming more deeply aware of your inner world and its influence over your relationships past and present.
It will help you address the immediate problems and habits that are bothering you while aiming at the same time to identify and tackle their origins, leading potentially to deep seated and lasting change.
Psychotherapy is available for both individuals and couples.
I am a psychotherapist registered with the senior professional psychotherapy body, the BPC (British Psychoanalytic Council) (for more information about me, click here). This means that you can be sure I have had an extensive training and that I am monitored by and subscribe to the ethical code of this organisation.
I am experienced in helping with
- problems in forming satisfying relationships or becoming involved in unsatisfying or destructive relationships at home or work
- difficulties in recovering from stressful or traumatic experiences
- anxiety, being unable to concentrate, feeling overwhelmed, panic attacks
- lack of confidence and low self-esteem
- feelings of depression and emptiness
- bereavement, redundancy, divorce and other losses
- mid-life crisis
- symptoms such as eating disorders, self-harming, psychosomatic conditions, obsessional behaviour, and phobic anxieties
- a sense of meaninglessness and lack of fulfillment in life
- people suffering from mental health problems, and those caring for them
My consulting room, which has its own waiting room with w.c. attached, is in a quiet street in the north of Norwich (just off the outer ring road) and is within easy reach of Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Wymondham, Beccles, Attleborough, Diss and the North Norfolk coast.
There is unrestricted parking in the street and a bus route from the city centre passes nearby.